Sunday, July 5, 2009

In stretched my arms towards the sky like blades of tall grass.

The sun beat in between my shoulders like carnival drums.

I sat still in hopes that it would help my wings grow.

So then I would really be fly.


And then she arrived.

Like day break inside a railway tunnel.

Like the new moon,like a diamond in the mines.

Like high noon to a drunkard,sudden.


She made my heart beat in a now-now time signature.

Her skinny canvas for ultarviolet brushstrokes.

She was the sun's painting.

Her eyes sparkled like lights along the new city.


She lips pursed as if her breath was too sweet and full for her mouth to hold

I said, You are beautiful,distress of mathematics.

I said, For you, I would peel open the clouds like new fruit.

And give you lightning and thunder as dowry.

I would make the sky shed all of its stars like rain.


I would clasp the constellations around your waist and I would make the heavens your cape.

And they would be please to cover you.

They would be pleased to cover you.

May I please,cover you,please.

No comments:

Post a Comment